Monday, April 8

Sujata Achrekar


The Ascetic
They say I've lived a million years...
They say I'll live a million more.
Orange flames
paint my skin...
Camouflaging

the scars beneath.

Somnolent
I see the world
That lies before
'Her' mangled ghats...
The horizon
is on
the brink of decay...
Choked
with vicious
Urbane-ness.
I immerse myself
in Ganga's depths.
Her holiness
Chars my body...
Scalds it,
till I exist no more
The river
still burns
upon my scars - 
Exhuming
dead bodies
from her womb
And - 
My shadow walks away from me
Eclipsing the million years I've lived
Eclipsing the million years I'll live.

©Anukriti Sharma 2012 


To know more about Sujata Achrekar, click on any of her paintings below:

3 comments:

  1. http://www.lootbargain.com


    LootBargain enables the buyer to have any magazine subscription online at the most reasonable rate. Get lots of conveniences, easiness and flexibility by picking online shopping in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word, STUNNING. Thank you for sharing Sujata's paintings, I am off to check out more!

    ReplyDelete